Thursday, February 24, 2005

...........the beginning?

Why Am I doing this journal?
I am listening to David Hogan's message
of 8/8/99 ...How GOD took him from walking
in the rain to Buying 11 New (FORD!!!) Trucks
in ONE day!



Trying to remember the 'beginning' of my relationship with GOD... I was blessed to be born into a family that knew GOD. Even as an infant (& I can even remember this!) my grandmothers carried me to church...as a babe-in-arms.

My great-grandfather loved GOD so much, he spent all the time he could just walking in the woods and talking with HIM. People would go looking for him if a tragedy struck their family. GOD answered his prayers. Miracles answers to prayer were a common thing for him. One particular story touched my heart: One day, a young boy and his dog were out playing and the boy was bitten by a poisonous snake...I think it was a cotton-mouth, but it could have been a rattlesnake (middle Tennessee has both kinds). The boy's dog attacked the snake, trying to defend his little master...the dog won! He killed the snake. But, in the fight, the snake also bit the dog...was it a victory after all? Now the boy and the dog were bitten. Way back then...the early 1900's in middle Tennessee, the doctors were few and far between. In the small town of Sweetwater, they didn't even have their own doctor...there was one maybe in one of the surrounding counties...without a car, how were they to get help in time?

No way. GOD help!

Somebody quick! Go and find Mr. Wiseman!

So, they did...they found great-grandfather Henry out praying and he came right away.

After he prayed for the young boy he was preparing to go, when the boy jumped up (moments before who had been so close to death's door...slipping into eternity...now healed by the blood of JESUS and faith in HIS name!)

"Please, Mr.! Please! Pray for my dog!" the youngster pleaded.

Papaw Wiseman thought praying for a dog would be disrespecting the Holy LORD and Saviour GOD of Creation.

"Son, I can't bother the LORD about a dog."

The boy was desperate! "Please! He saved my life! He killed the snake! He was bit trying to save me! PLEASE, MR.! Don't let my dog die!"

"Alright, son. Alright." Papaw Henry was touched with compassion...perhaps JESUS Himself...was touched. HE must have been. After Papaw prayed for the dog, he was healed too.

Thank YOU, JESUS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been told Papaw Henry prayed for his decendants to be saved, that he prayed us through....unto the 3rd Generation. (That's me. wow) The Bible says a good man leaves an inheritance unto his 3rd generation. What better legacy is there than salvation? Thank you, Papaw Henry.

I never knew him...but I am inspired by him.

So, I see that my beginning began before I was ever born.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by! Here is a little something for you:

View my AOL® Instant Greetings™ message now!

JESUS LOVES YOU AND WE DO TOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

home

ADVENTURES IN GOD: ...........the beginning?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com