Monday, September 19, 2005

Believing in JESUS

Believing in JESUS
DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE YOU A CHILD OF GOD.


♪ARE YOU READY FOR THE COMING OF THE LORD

A- Admit your sins(AND turn AWAY from them!)

B- Believe on JESUS Christ

C-Confess(& CONFIRM) that HE is LORD.(by COMPLYING with HIS COMMANDS!)

2 Corinthians 6:17-18
17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Not all that call HIM LORD will be saved...but those who DO the WILL OF THE FATHER!

WE must teach them that to be a Child of GOD, you must be led by the Holy Spirit.

Those who are led by the Holy Spirit, they are the sons of GOD!

Who are the family of JESUS?

Matthew 7:21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12: 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. John 1:11-13 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

He gives POWER TO BECOME...but we must put to death the acts of the old man, and be conformed to the likeness of Christ. The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Just believing in JESUS no more makes you a child of GOD than knowing that the sun is shining makes you a star!

remember, even the demons believe-and they tremble!

James 2:18-20 18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?



yeshuaessenor at 2:39:00 PM EDT (Link to this entry)
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
    BELIEVE
    To expect or hope with confidence; to trust.
    G4100 (Strong's Concordance)
    πιστεύω
    pisteuō
    pist-yoo'-o
    From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

    LORD G2962(Strong's Concordance)
    κύριος
    kurios
    koo'-ree-os
    From κῦρος kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): - God, Lord, master, Sir.

    Acts 16:31
    And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

    Romans 10:9
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

    To Believe and Confess that JESUS is LORD to be saved includes that one act as if they believe it.
    Listen:
    If I say I LOVE YOU, and I OBEY YOU, Dad...
    (and then I don't do whatever he tells me...I am nothing more than a liar-a hipocrite)

    So to Confess JESUS is LORD....means HE IS our LORD. HE is the ONE we obey and follow.


    Comment from yeshuaessenor - 6/21/05 11:39 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

home

ADVENTURES IN GOD: Believing in JESUS
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com